Recently Android x86 5.1 RC1 ISO image release for users. This is first stable version of Android 5.1 x86 Lollipop from Android x86 developers.
Android 5.1 x86 Key features
- Now it Supports 64-bit kernel and user space, as well as 32-bit system.
- Developers Update kernel version to 4.0.9 for better user experiences.
- Now Enable OpenGL ES hardware acceleration for Intel/AMD/Nvidia chipsets for better performance.
- Now you can booting from UEFI and installing to UEFI disk.
- Be able to install to ext4/ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 file systems via a text based GUI installer.
- Support Multi-touch upto 10 finger, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera and Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Auto-mount external usb drive and sdcard with file system vfat/ntfs/exfat/ext4.
- Now you can install it to VM including Qemu, Virtual-box and VMware emulators.
- Support foreign archs (arm / arm64) via the native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Apps Compatibility)
Android 5.1 x86 Known issues
- Currently Uvesafb doesn't work for x86_64 processes.
- Root permission (Superuser) doesn't work for x86 and 64 bit processes.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some devices.
- No grub splash image.
Here you can download Android 5.1 x86 RC1 Lollipop ISO image. If you don't know how to install it on your PC. You can also check out How to install Android x86 5.1 on Windows . Please Share this amazing ISO image with your friends and family.