Hey Guys, Recently Team Win Recovery Project has updated their version in 3.0 for Zenfone 5 and in this post I will show you how to install TWRP on ASUS Zenfone 5. This tutorial will void your warranty and do it with your own risk I am not responsible for any damage. In previous post share Resurrection Remix ROM for Zenfone 5, this ROM based on Android 6.0.x version. Also You can check out old orange TWRP Recovery Zenfone 5/6.
- Rooted Device (Download all files from end of post)
- Intel USB driver
- fastboot Tool
- TWRP 3.0 Image
- Windows PC, Recommend to use Windows 7 ,8
Prepare your Device
- First, make sure you have a rooted device. If you have not a rooted phone use this tutorial to root ASUS Zenfone your phone.
- Make a full backup like SMS, Contact, Application and Internal data. In case if you brick your device. You can use backup files to restore data and application.
- Battery at least 40 % charged.
Install Intel USB Drivers on PC
- Download Intel USB drives from the end of the post. Install it on C: / drive.
Install fastboot Tool on PC
- Download fastboot zip file from the end of the post. Extract it on your desktop using WinRAR or other Zip extracted tools.
How to flash TWRP on Zenfone 5
- Download TWRP recovery image file from end of post.
- Copy it and paste into fastboot folders that you extract to your desktop
- Turn off your Zenfone and boot into bootloader mode by pressing the Power + Volume UP button.
- Connect your device with PC using data cable.
- In Fasboot folder Press and hold shift key and from mouse click on the right button, Click on Open Windows Commend here.
- In CMD Window writes below comment and hit enter.
fastboot flash recovery cm-13.0-20160410-UNOFFICIAL-T00F-recoverytwrp-3.0.M2-0
- Once it shows fined/ or done.
- Type below CMD and hit enter.
adb reboot recovery
USB Drivers- http://intel.ly/1BJDf2w
TWRP- http://bit.ly/1WdSuz5Congratulation, Now your phone will be rebooted in TWRP Recovery. With this Custom Recovery you can make a backup of your current firmware/ or Custom ROM. Or You can flash any Custom ROM and Google Apps with this recovery. Please share your review and bug report with us. Also Share this post on your social site.