Android 5.1 x86 Key features
- Now it Supports 64-bit kernel and user space, as well as 32-bit system.
- Developers Update kernel version to 4.0.9 for better user experiences.
- Now Enable OpenGL ES hardware acceleration for Intel/AMD/Nvidia chipsets for better performance.
- Now you can booting from UEFI and installing to UEFI disk.
- Be able to install to ext4/ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 file systems via a text based GUI installer.
- Support Multi-touch upto 10 finger, Audio, Wifi, Bluetooth, Sensors, Camera and Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Auto-mount external usb drive and sdcard with file system vfat/ntfs/exfat/ext4.
- Now you can install it to VM including Qemu, Virtual-box and VMware emulators.
- Support foreign archs (arm / arm64) via the native bridge mechanism. (Settings -> Apps Compatibility)
Android 5.1 x86 Known issues
- Currently Uvesafb doesn't work for x86_64 processes.
- Root permission (Superuser) doesn't work for x86 and 64 bit processes.
- Suspend and resume doesn't work on some devices.
- No grub splash image.