Tutorial - How To Unbrick Asus Zenfone 5 using PC. Most of the Zenfone User's brick their zenfone 5 devices while updating firmware or flashing custom rom. When You Device Brick, the device may be stuck at usb logo or may fall in boot loop. How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow Boot Animation on Asus Zenfone 5.
- Install Android USB Drivers
- ADB Flash Tool (Download from - (http://bit.ly/1WRCxOS))
- Download recovery.img (version should be earlier or same version of your current firmware version) (Download from End of Post)
- Download Full firmware from Asus Official Device Support page. (Note that the downloaded firmware version should be earlier than your device's current version). (Download from End of Post).
How to UNBRICK Asus Zenfone 5
Step 1. Install Intel USB drivers on your pc.
Step 2. Make sure your phone is fully charged. (Charge it even if it is bricked).
Step 3. Press and hold power + volume up button to enter fastboot mode. Now connect your phone to pc.
Step 4. Extract the ADB Fastboot Tool.
Step 5. Place the recovery.img and Full Firmware in ADB folder.
Step 6. In ADB folder, hold shift then right click and choose "Open command window here".
Step 7. In the command window type the following commands one by one,
- fastboot devices (To check whether the phone is connected to pc)
- fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img (Enter the recovery file name exactly)
Step 8. Now choose "Recovery" in fastboot mode.
Step 9. When Android logo appears, press and hold volume up + volume down for few seconds to enter recovery mode.
Step 10. In recovery mode, choose "Update from ADB".
Step 11. Now in command window type the following command
- adb sideload firmwarename.zip (Enter the downloaded firmware name exactly)
Step 12. Now wait for the flashing process to complete.
Step 13. In recovery mode, wipe cache and data and finally reboot.
You have successfully unbricked your Asus Zenfone 5 device. You can check out - How To Install flash TWRP - Philz Recovery for Zenfone 5.
Recovery img- http://bit.ly/1WRCBy7