Tutorial - How To Install CM12.1 CyanogenMod Lollipop 5.1.1 on Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (Z00A) with step by step tutorial. CyanogenMod should work like a charm for you if you follow the procedure correctly. But Do it with your own Risk I'm not responsible of any damaged. But don't worry i've tested this rom.Note : - Backup your data before perform this tutorial. Also Check out One Click Root for Zenfone 4, 5, 6 and Zenfone 2.
CyanogenMod Working Features
- Working Features
- android Wear
- camera (partially, see the broken section)
- device Encryption
- drm / widevine (partially, main app works but some issues remain)
- flashlight / torch
- microphone mute for voice call
- NFC account setup during OOBE
- power profile information (battery usage information)
- radio (lte default, sms, voice calls)
- SIP calling (tried built-in mic/speaker, headset, speakerphone)
- USB MTP
- USB PTP
- video playback, including youtube
- voice recognition
- WiFi tethering
CyanogenMod Not-Working Features
- Auto-brightness sometimes goes completely black
- Boot hangs sometimes (mediaserver seems to go crazy)
- Button backlight should be removed
- camera is mostly working except:
- crashes when switching between cameras
- video camera hangs during first boot (?)
- video recording audio volume is too low
- chrome (beta onlty?) rotating the display to landscape shows a blank screen
- gapps crashes on first boot (clean install)
- Hardware-backed keystore
- offmode charging (USB Charge Only Mode): Can’t get out of it
- selinux enforcing mode
- sim card not detected on first boot (clean install)
- USB UMS (Mass Storage)
- VP8 codec
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Zenfone 2
Step 1. First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM.
Step 2. Download the zip(s) from below Link.
Step 3. Install a compatible Recovery
Step 4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Step 5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Step 6. Flash CyanogenMod.
Step 7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
CM Recovery- http://bit.ly/1MrV8gT
CM 12.1 Rom- http://bit.ly/1gSF9LW
In this Tutorial We shared Install CM 12.1 Lollipop 5.1.1 Rom on Asus Zenfone 2. When You install Custom Rom and try to root your device your warranty void automatically. We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it. Also Check out How to Connect PC Link using Wifi Connection on Asus Zenfone.