In this post I will tell you how to Install Android Nougat 7.0 on Zenfone Seifie/ Zenfone 2 Laser. This is not an official update from ASUS it is a custom ROM for Zenfone Selfie and Zenfone 2 Laser. There is minor bugs and issues on this ROM before installing this ROM, please read Working and not working features. Also check out more tutorial on ASUS Zenfone Page.
- TWRP Recovery Pre-Installed on Device
- Device at-least charge 50%
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE551KL (Z00T / Z00TD)
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE601KL (Z011 / Z011D / Z011DD)
- Asus Zenfone Selfie ZD551KL (Z00U / Z00UD / Z00UDH)
What's working on this ROM:
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Camera (Videos And Photos)
- Video Playback
What's not working:
- Video recording not working on stock Camera but It works using Google Camera
- Loud Speakers not working on ZE601KL model
- SELinux is permissive
- Before you go to the next step please make sure backup your personal photos, Games, contract and other data. Because after update your internal storage decreases the size of storing it can fail to update or remove some files from your Android phone.
- Make sure before update currently your device running on latest Lollipop firmware. Otherwise, it will be failed to update your device. You can also check out More Tutorials on ASUS Zenfone's device
How to Install Nougat 7.0 on Zenfone Selfie/ Zenfone 2 Laser
- Download ROM from end of post
- Download GApps for Nougat ROM
- Copy Both ROM and GApps zip files on your device internal or external storage
- Power off your device
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing and hold power button + Volume Down button
- Once your device Reboot into TWRP recovery Tap on ‘Wipe", Select Advance Wipe and marks the Dalvik Cache, Cache and Data option from the list and Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back and select "Install", Now find the ROM file from the internal storage and flash it. Wait until it's finished.
- Similarly, Flash GApps
- Once it shows Successfully Install/Complete, Go back and Select wipe, Go to Advanced Wipe and select "Dalvik Cache and Cache" and do wipe.
- Once it's done, Reboot your device.
For first boot it can take up to 10 - 15 minutes for making catch files on this device. So, please keep patience. You can also check out How to .If you find other bugs or issue with ROM, please drop your comment below. Thank you and have a nice day.